Friday, September 9, 2005

One last time

While sleeping out in the desert in southern Utah, I awoke from the worst sleep I have had while being out in the desert. At this time it was about 5:00 a.m. The sun was not up but I looked towards the eastern mountain formation and knew that it was going to be a beautiful sunrise the way the clouds played on top of the mountain tops.

I got out of my sleeping bag and go my camera and tripod and sat watching the world take life. While taking these photos I knew, this has easily been some of the most beautiful pictures I have taken.

That morning has full meaning to me. Because eleven hours later I would receive a phone call with the most tragic news I would receive in my whole life. The death of Ariel, Blake, Scott and Jen.

One last morning to show your brilliants.
One last sunrise to show your beauty you didn’t show.
One last time to paint the canvas of my life that was un-touched.
One last time to tell me goodbye.

These pictures were taken August 19th 2005.

No comments: