Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Walking on water

"What should we do?"
    
Was the question everybody had on their minds. We sat and discussed our options in a small room surrounded by obscure paintings of women scantly dressed.
    
As i thought of activities to do my mind wondered and came across what it always thinks about when i come into this room.
    
I never really could understand why these paintings were there. Where they an escape to a world that could not be obtained by the artist? Or were they a fantasy of somebody else?
    
This only gave me small hints, to the artist these 'women' were an art object and not something desired.
    
After sitting in the room of the nude angel we came up with the idea of fire. We all piled into our cars and made our way out to the lake. Driving with people enjoyed, people that we had common interest with, people we all trusted to a certain degree.
   
 We made it out to our location point. The road overlooked a beach that had been used numerous amounts of time. Previous fire places dotted the beach front in every direction.
    
The first thing i noticed was the creations above. A star filled night sky blankets the heavens. I could not stop looking at the sky in wonderment. It captured me in way that only i could understand and feel.
    
We walked onto the beach and found an area that fitted us good, through the wood down and doused it with gasoline. We were looking for this excitement that night.
    
The pull of a match sparked a  chain reaction of the ignition gasoline into a tower of flame 20 feet into the night sky. We all stepped back as the tower of light changed the black night to a hot orange glow.
    
The flames decreased into a nice comforting lighting there we continued to converse one to another.
    
One of my friend started walking off in the distance of the dark night so i ran up to her and asked her what she doing. We walked for a while and it soon became apparent what she was doing as she took her sandals off and stepped into the lake.
    
I immediately followed by taking off my shoes and walking up to the edge of the water. I tested out the water by dipping my big toe into the water, it was cold to the touch but i got used to it as i put both my feet  into the water.
    
By this time my friend was a way's out in-front of me. I looked at her in the distance only seeing a silhouette of her body which seemed to be standing on top of the water.
    
The moon light showered down on the lake surround her with dancing rays of light intensified this sight. I never knew something like this could ever happen. This image was only meant to be viewed in movie's.
    
I walked up to her and looked across the lake at the reflection of the mountains in the distance and and glitter of moon rays. The ripples from the lake almost put is in motion towards a world unmapped.
     
I wanted to take this unmapped voyage leaving behind my worries and my life to experience a life of freedom with no weights to hold me down. We were left with the silence of words but the song of nature slowly filling our minds with obscured but wonderful thoughts.
    
After these few moments we turned back looking at reality. It was only a few steps back. I wanted to follow my instincts that night. I wanted to listen to the whisperings of the wind. And go on a voyage to an unmapped world and start a new chapter in my book.
    
Can i make this happen?

No comments: