Swaying back and forth on a flat bed cart looking at the tree’s rush by. Falling in love with the sound of steal grinding against each other and the small clicks of rickety bolts clatter with the bending of the frame. As I watching the traffic of the city far in the distance I felt as if I were a prisoner leaving his walls.
I’ve never been so much in love with the night’s air, looking above at the early night’s sky. Watching the warm colors fade away with the light falling in the distance. It’s a one way track, north bound I go. Out of control! Out of touch and out of reach.
I sit feeling the warm air pulling the hair from my face, smelling the scent of every location we pass. A horn blares in the distance warning others of its arrival, but ones warning is candy for my ears. Oh how I wished you were with me to experience such times, holding your hand speechless to everything seen.
I was living a dream that night. So familiar but it was my first time. Some would think it was dangerous but freedom it gave me. Thousands of horses drive me on this one way track. Leading me on a course my mind knows but my eyes have never have seen.
I’ve found addiction. It’s an addiction to freedom.
No comments:
Post a Comment